Land taxis, which are government regulated, operate under a set basic rate structure. Licensed and approved taxis are identified with blue license plates which begin with ‘TX’. Taxis are readily available at the airports, other Ports of Entry, major hotels and tourist centers.
Water taxis are also a local transport option but are generally available only on the west coast from Rodney Bay, Castries, Marigot Bay and Soufriére. These can be booked through hotel Tour or Reception Desks or directly with boat operators on major beaches.
It should be noted that water taxis require less travel time and are very scenic but they are generally more costly than land taxis due to higher operation costs.
St. Lucia Taxi Rates* (2 Persons)
- Hewanorra Airport (UVF) to Rodney Bay/Gros Islet: US$85
- Hewanorra Airport (UVF) to Soufriere: US$75
- Hewanorra Airport (UVF) to Marigot Bay: US$75
- G.F.L. Charles Airport (SLU) to Rodney Bay/Gros Islet: US$25
- G.F.L. Charles Airport (SLU) to Soufriere: US$90
- G.F.L. Charles Airport (SLU) to Marigot Bay: US$30
- Rodney Bay to/from Soufriere: US$100
- Rodney Bay to/from Marigot Bay: US$40
- Rodney Bay to/from Castries: US$25
- Soufriere to/from Castries: US$90
- Marigot Bay to/from Castries: US$30
- Rodney Bay to Pigeon Island: US$25
* Rates are subject to change without notice.
Saint Lucia Taxi Associations
Courtesy Taxi Co-op Society
Pointe Seraphine, Castries
Holiday Taxi Co-op Society
Gros Islet Taxi Association
La Place Carenage Taxi Association
Vigie Airport Taxi Association
G.F.L. Charles Airport, Castries
North Lime Taxi Association
Northern Taxi Association
Soufriere Taxi Association
New Frontier Taxi Association
Southern Taxi Association
Hewanorra International Airport